The Uyuni or Thunupa salt flat, also known as the “White Sea”, covers an area of 10582 km², making it the biggest salt desert in the world. It is located in the Andes at 3650 metres above sea level in the Potosi department on the Bolivian Altiplano.
Exceptional in its beauty, the Uyuni salt flat houses Incahuasi and Pescado islands and many other places with interesting formations and a multitude of unique features.
Around the banks of the salt flat you can find archaeological remains, ceremonial centres and fortresses from a remote past dating from thousands of years before Christ. It is one of the most important tourist destinations in Bolivia and one of the natural wonders of South America which should not be missed.
• Private Service.
• Transfer to/from the airport in Uyuni
• Private 4×4 transport with driver – 01 vehicle for 1 to 4 passengers.
• English/Spanish speaking guide
• Picnic lunch (Is not available in rainy season)
• 01 small bottle of water 500 cc per person
• Entrance to the aforementioned sites
• Food not mentioned in the program
• Services not mentioned in the program
• Personal expenses
• Travel insurance
• Consult our flight and bus prices to and from Uyuni *
• Sun hat
• Chocolates, sweets
• Sun block
• Warm clothes (light)
• Ear muffs
• Confortable walking shoes
• Waterproof jacket for the rain (depending on the season)
• Take everything in a rucksack if possible
PRICES PER PERSON Quoted In American Dollars ($us) 229.00
Pick up from hotel, bus station or airport in Uyuni in private 4×4 and begin the excursion to the magical Uyuni salt flat where an unforgettable experience is waiting for you. We begin by visiting the train cemetery, then the village of Colchani where we can find a variety of handicrafts made of salt. We can also see piles of salt and the “eyes” of the salt flat (small pools of water that has risen to the surface).
We enter the salt flat and visit Incahuasi Island where we can enjoy an incomparable view and also a delicious lunch in a restaurant on the island.
We take a walk around Tunupa volcano and visit the museum at Chantani.
In the afternoon we return to Uyuni and transfer to your hotel or the bus station.