The attractions of this region have created a natural surrealist landscape. The sandy desert panorama is the backdrop to a wealth of natural and cultural attractions visited by thousands of people each year.
Coloured lakes, geysers, various species of flamingos and Andean fauna all contribute to making this area a unique natural wonder of the world.
– Pick up from the hotel, bus station or airport in Uyuni
– Private 4×4 transport
-01 vehicle for 1 to 5 passengers and 02 vehicles for 6 to 10 passengers for programs with a bilingual guide
– 01 vehicle for 1 to 6 passengers and 02 vehicles for 7 to 10 passengers for programs without a bilingual guide
– Private bilingual (English/Spanish) guide AS SPECIFIED IN PRICING GRID
– Food mentioned in the itinerary
– 01 small bottle of water 500 cc per person per day
– Accommodation in double or twin room
– Entrance to the sites mentioned (Incahuasi Island, Chantani Museum , Cave of Galaxies, Eduardo Abaroa reserve)
– Transfer to airport, hotel or bus station in Uyuni
– Transfer to Hito Cajon for passengers who are crossing into Chile (3rd day)
– Transport La Paz – Uyuni – La Paz
– Guide in any language other than English
– Personal expenses
– Travel insurance
– Food not mentioned
– Services not mentioned.
– Sun hat
– Chocolates, sweets
– Sun block
– Warm clothes (light)
– Ear muffs
– Comfortable walking shoes
– Waterproof jacket for the rain (depending on the season)
– Take everything in a rucksack.
– Rates in American Dollars (US$)
– Rates subject to change without prior notice
– Rates per person based on 02 people minimum.
– Single occupancy applies the additional charge.
– Remember: check single occupancy
– Rates not included charges for payments with credit cards
– Rates don´t apply for special dates
– In order to improve the service, may change the order of the excursions
– Please check our rates and conditions in the attached file with rates
Some services increase during holidays and special rates:
– Dakar (04 to 13 January)
– Visit of Pope Francis (15 to 24 January)
– Holy week.
– Carnivals in Bolovia (12 to 13 February)
– National Holidays (04 to 07 August)
– Christmas (24 and 5 de December).
Pick up from the hotel, bus station or airport. 10:00 am We begin by visiting the train cemetery, then the village of Colchani where we can find a variety of handicrafts made of salt. We can also see piles of salt and the “eyes” of the salt flat (small pools where water has risen to the surface). We visit Incahuasi Island, famous for its giant cacti and from where we can enjoy an incomparable view of the surrounding area. We have lunch in a restaurant on the island or a picnic on the salt flats. In the afternoon we cross the salt flats towards Tunupa volcano, arriving at the village of Chantani where we can visit an interesting local museum before enjoying sunset with a delicious wine. Dinner and overnight in the Tayka Salt Hotel in Tahua or Luna Salada in Colchani (Heating, hot water, private bathroom).
DAY 2: TAHUA OR COLCHANI – OJO DE PERDIZ
Breakfast in the hotel. 08:00 am We leave Tahua or Colchani and visit the Cave of Galaxies with its amazing coral formations, formed over thousands of years. We also visit the Devil’s Cave which houses some important archaeological remains. On our way south we pass the small lakes of Cañapa, Hedonia, Honda, Chiarkhota and Ramaditas. Box lunch en route. Dinner and overnight in the Tayka Hotel, Ojo de Perdiz or similar. (heating, feather bedding, hot water, private bathroom).
DAY 3: OJO DE PERDIZ – RED LAKE – GREEN LAKE – UYUNI OR HITO CAJÓN
Breakfast in the hotel. 05:30 am Leave Ojo de Perdiz and head to the Siloli Desert. We visit the Stone Tree, the majestic Red Lake, the impressive Sol de Mañana geysers and the thermal baths at Polques. We visit the Dali desert, so called because of the variety of colours in its landscape, then end the tour of these wonders of nature by visiting the Green Lake. Passengers continuing to San Pedro de Atacama will be transferred to the border at Hito Cajon before midday in order to arrive in time to catch the bus to San Pedro de Atacama. Passengers returning to Uyuni will visit the Valley of Rocks and the villages of Kulpina K and San Cristobal. We will enjoy a box lunch In route. Transfer to hotel, airport or bus station on arrival in Uyuni.